Hello every-birdy ;)
Alright, so I want to talk about some teeny weeny somehow sensitive topic, fandoms.
Maybe i'll get bashed or something, but here's a disclaimer: PLEASE KEEP AN OPEN MIND WHEN READING. THANK YOU.
(kpop first)
I am in a fandom myself. I am a sone. That's the only Kpop fandom I commit to. I like music from Super Junior, Davichi, T-ara, 2pm, 4men, Big Bang and more. Yes, I do not like Kara. Actually no apparent reason why. I don't really like their musicality, they also are constantly singing in Japanese that makes me wonder why don't they debut like Boa. In any case some of you don't know, Boa debuted in Japan despite being a Korean. She has thus many Japanese albums produced. Something maybe Kara can consider. Please note that I am not comparing alright. I'm just sharing my thoughts.
Now, what about fandom..
I CANNOT STAND HOW DEFENSIVE A FANDOM IS WHEN THERE IS JUST ONE CRITICISM DIRECTED TO THEIR IDOL GROUP. For example "WALAO, SNSD ALL GO PLASTIC SURGERY. IT'S SO OBVIOUS." I swear one comment like that can spark many replies from hardcore sones. Now, though I am a sone, I do not participate in such arguments. Simply because I think it is a waste of time. Really. I don't see how, firstly, when an anon scolds snsd, will make he/she prettier, or sing better (with reference to what they criticize about). I'd presume this is jealously, pure jealously. But then, seriously does it make you happy to scold someone? To make yourself feel better? This is just a thought.
Secondly, for sones, fighting back, I don't see how it helps. Please don't be misunderstood that I don't want to help SNSD. What I mean is that the rebuttals from some I read goes something along this line "as if you think you super pretty and all." "loser" "f*ck off you faggot"
Yeah, which I don't think it's a right way to handle the situation. Because some ways to handle this situation is to either, ignore it. OR, say something like more mature maybe "Well, I don't see how is this going to affect SNSD, because what you say won't affect them but actually drive them to do better (if collectively these kind of comments directed to their musicality are being picked on), prove you wrong, and make sones more proud" SOMETHING I WOULD DEFINITELY THUMBS UP. I mean, something along that line :D
something else is that, is when a fandom crazily overreacts to one silly comment that goes "I think ___ super ugly" MAY THE BASHING BEGIN. It is mad annoying just to see such silly wars between haters and fans. Not fans, TERRORIST, as quoted from DeeKosh. Some fans act rationally, LOVE 'EM.
Now, you have to know, THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO KPOP ONLY!!!!!!! I swear I see beliebers and directioners try to trend their idol on the twitter. EVERY SINGLE DAY. I'm very neutral with both singer and band. BUT OH DAMN IS THE TRENDING SHIT ANNOYING. I mean, it's soooo tiring to see these dominant 2 on twitter. You know there might be like other important news about the world than your idols which should be brought to attention :)? So sometimes, it HAS to stop.
Alright, what else are there. Ah yes, comparing of idols.
2NE1 vs SNSD.
Big Bang vs SHINee.
oh damn would I want to strangle the people who started this.
Firstly, they do not have the same musicality. So there are no basis to compare. Secondly, each group are unique, so there is nothing to compare about. Example, 2NE1 are going for a more rock, ballad, less feminine route. Whereas SNSD are feminine and pop. Even in the boys, there are a teeny weeny rapping parts... they still brought out the elegance of the song, and themselves. SO WHERE IN THE HELL ARE THEY TO COMPARE. Every group are different. So can you people please stop comparing. It makes no difference to them anyway.
Aite. Also, people who don't like kpop should not force people who likes kpop to like other language songs. I mean I'm perfectly fine with people criticizing kpop. It might not be to their liking. Kpop hater Extremist are really quite annoying. I mean, they're not you. No point trying to force your opinions down on someone else right :)?
Please be reminded that you should read this with an open mind. I only use SNSD as a reference for haters. Bear in mind that I am a sone :) Also, they examples of comparing are what I found on Youtube. :)
ALRIGHT, so then I think there's only a small bunch going for the free cone day~ But most of us are going for camp! SO YAY!! HEHEHEH. I haven't started packing..... oh shit HAHAHA.
Bye~
Love always, xxx